Monday, June 30, 2008

Ivan, Ivan, He's My...er...Our Man!

I never thought I'd love a man named Pudge. Okay, maybe I don't actually "love" him, but I certainly like him a lot. (I don't "like like" him, I just like him a normal, healthy amount. Get off my back already!) As mentioned in my previous post, last Friday I went to Comerica Park, got a delicious Kosher Dog, and happened to catch a Tigers game while I was there. I also got to use my super-duper zoom to take stalker-like pictures of the players, but mostly they're of Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez.

So, normally, my "Type" isn't a 5'9", 190 pound man, but when you play baseball like Ivan does, well, things change. What I'm trying to say is, Ivan Rodriguez, if you're reading this, will you marry me? I realize that I said before that I only like him a normal amount. Well maybe I was saying that so anyone reading this wouldn't think that I was crazy. And I have obviously gone beyond that now, proposing to the Tigers' Catcher on my blog, but at least I didn't send him a Marriage Proposal Superpoke on Facebook, right? I do have some class.

On a slightly different note, the Tigers kicked some serious Bootay at the game! We have a theory, too, that part of the Rockies' downfall was their bad pictures. And it wasn't just that their pictures were bad, but their background really washed their pictures out. Every time they went up to bat, they had to look at their washed-out picture and feel all embarassed. The Tigers, on the other hand, had AWESOME pictures! It's no wonder they beat them 7-1.

Well, that and the fact that Pudge knew that I was there, cheering him on from the cush seats right behind home plate that Monica got us. He knew that I was comfortable and well-fed, and that made him happy, and when Pudge is happy, the team is happy.

Hmmm...I'm starting to creep myself out...another one of my Super Powers.

4 comments:

Christi said...

Ha Ha, even being at the game with you on Friday I had no idea how deep your obsession ran!

Elizabeth Downie said...

ha! I love it! Those pictures are awesome! funny post, as always :)

Monica said...

YEAH!!! At least my date enjoyed herself ;)

Elizabeth Downie said...

OK, OK, I enjoyed myself! I can't put every single thing I do in my blog, Monica!!!!!!! lol