Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Brian clips his toenails on the balcony

Obviously a lot happened over the weekend that I haven't blogged about yet. You can see (in the photo) that Brian was very enthusiastic about his story. I told him I might blog about him clipping his toenails, and he wanted to make sure that I got all of the details right. And it's a good thing, too, since here we are, rockin it out on a Tuesday, catching up about Brian's toenail-clipping habits and wondering where he does his most effective work.

On a very different note, I'd like to thank those of you who took the survey about what you do when you're bored. The winner was "Eat." As a result I ate a lot this weekend and have gained 15 pounds. Some of that food was eaten at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival where I slurped down a delicious cherry flavored snow cone. Scrumptious! On the list of snow cone flavors, "Blue" was actually listed along with cherry, lime, etc. I wonder what Blue tastes like. For some reason I imagine it tastes like Green, but not so heavy on the Yellow. And a little like a Bomb Pop.

Vaughn and Elizabeth, as seen in this photo, are laughing at a hilarious story that I told. Ok, they're not, they're laughing about a story Brian told about Mr. Yummy. Ok, they're not laughing at all, just smiling cheesily for the camera. Man, that grassy area was more dirt than grass. I'm glad we moved later. It was for the best.

If you see this picture and think, "Who in the world would put Cap'n Crunch on their frozen yogurt?" then we were once of the same camp. I can now say with a great amount of conviction, though, that Cap'n Crunch and frozen yogurt go together like cheddar cheese and apple pie! Meaning of course that maybe not everyone would like it, but those who do will love it! (My mom loves cheddar cheese with her apple pie. I never quite got the connection, and always wondered who thought of that idea first, but then there I was eating frozen yogurt with Cap'n Crunch and I finally understood. Sort of.) Elizabeth, Vaughn and I had a rather deep conversation whilst eating our yogurt concoctions about what ever happened to the good ol' cereal spokescartoons. For example, where is the thief who always stole the Cookie Crisp? Did they think he was a bad influence on kids? Is that why he was replaced by that wolf character? And on a slightly different but related note, WHY couldn't the Trix Rabbit eat any Trix? Was he really so silly to want to eat some of that delicious cereal? Was it bad for him, like chocolate for dogs? So many unanswered questions out there in the universe, so little time to do the copious research that would be required to find the answers. If you have any answers, please let me know. Also let me know if you're craving sugary cereal as much as I am right now.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

It's funny that you mentioned that about the flavors vs. colors of the snow cones. I ordered "lime" but I guess the girl working there forgot because she turned around and said to me, "Wait, what flavor did you say you wanted? Green?" I said, "yes. Green." Green tastes like lime, so I guess blue tastes like blueberries? Just a guess.

Vaughn said...

My question has always been why doesn't Trix teach us about sharing and give that RABBIT SOME CEREAL! We don't see rabbits taking salads away from people saying "Oh i am soooooo sorry, salads are for rabbits"

Katherine said...

Mmm, Green. Delicious! That's so true, Vaughn - it's pretty harsh of those kids not to share! What are they teaching the kids out there?!

Victor and Camilla Broderick said...

...like canned cheese on bluberry bagles.

Katherine said...

EZ Cheese and PoohBear Bagels! Oh, man! SO good! Ah, the girls camp memories! You know, I'm probably the only person out there who would understand what you meant there, Mills. ;)