Friday, June 6, 2008

I think I saw a bug...

I'm serious. I think that I did. I was walking outside and out of the corner of my eye I saw some movement. I thought to myself, "it's probably just a bird or a bat or something," and kept on walking. I mean, I've seen bugs before, but this was different. I continued to walk, whistling a merry tune (or maybe I was humming...I can't remember for sure - the trauma of later events drove the exact details from my mind), and I kept thinking that I saw something. Every time I turned to look, whatever it was was gone. They're tricky, those bugs. Always flying around, or else crawling if they have no wings - you never know where they'll turn up next! Finally I felt something on my arm, and what followed is a bit of a blur. I never actually saw the "bug," but if that was in fact what I felt on my arm, it's no longer of this world, 'cause I flailed around A LOT and slapped at my arm and basically obliterated whatever may have been there. "Now Katherine, couldn't it have been your hair brushing your arm?" you might ask. And you'd be correct. But let's just say I'd rather be safe than a bug rest stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anwen woke up at 3am yelling my name! I went in there and she said, "HI!!!" and then pointed to her bed and said, "Bug!" three times! I'm glad she wasn't frantic like I was. I ripped up the sheets while she watched PBS Kids!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Haha - that's funny. Remember tonight when that HUmongous bug flew into Katy's shirt?? LOL. Bugs. They're the worst.

Victor and Camilla Broderick said...

AH HA HA HA HA HA!