Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When Bike Riding Doesn't Make You Fall Over

On Monday I ventured out on my bike for the first time since the Incident. I was a little nervous! But, thanks to the generosity of my mom, I was able to fill my tires using my new bike pump (low tires being part of the problem from before). I was really nervous coming up that hill, but then, amazingly, I made it! And not only did I make it up the hill without falling over, I felt good enough to just keep riding!

I rode around for about twenty minutes, and took a lot of pictures of the beautiful neighborhoods around me. I was such a perfect evening to ride! It was nice and cool and it smelled like summer, as well as like Maine, Thailand, and my hometown. Isn't it strange how smells can transport you somewhere? I was instantly in those places as I rode through the streets of Grand Rapids.

OK, enough gabbing. Here are some photos for you to enjoy!


A beautiful Grand Rapids street

I'm pretty sure a witch lives here.

I accidentally took a picture while I was riding!


The Meyer May House, a home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright! (Very cool inside - I've taken the tour, which is free!)


2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Very cool pictures! I love seeing where you're at. I really like the picture of your tire going but I'm glad you did it on accident and weren't purposely not looking at the road. ;)

Brian said...

That picture of the wheel is incredible! There's so much motion and kinetic energy, and the framing is spot-on. Change your story: you labored over this picture to get it just perfect.

Love the old-timey car (Hudson Hornet?) in the street in the first picture. It obscures the time period.