Monday, June 7, 2010

Autobiographical Mosaics

My friend Jessica posted this idea on her blog recently where you answer some questions, find some images, and put them together as a mosaic. A fun idea and awful purdy! Let me know if you do one, too!


Directions
- Go to Google image search and do be careful.
- Type in your answer to each question.
- Choose a picture from the first three pages
- Use this website (http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php) to make your collage.

QUESTIONS:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your hometown?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What is one word to describe yourself?
10. How are you feeling right now?
11. What do you love most in the world?
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?

6 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

This is fun! I really like it! I would do one myself, but I don't have a FANCY mosiac program. La de da! Yeah, I said it.

Katherine said...

Ha! You don't have to have a program, you just go to that website (in the "Directions") and it does it for you! No excuses now, fancy pants! Yeah, I said it.

Sarah said...

Love this idea! I'm totally using it to procrastinate on everything else I should be doing, and fully intend to spread the word to others so they can do the same. Altho, you set the bar pretty high with your mosaic...it's awesome!! :)

Wee Sisters Three said...

i did it!

~ Malissa ~ said...

I'm a fan of the autobiographical mosaic you accomplished! I haven't done one yet for myself, but I have looked up the pictures I would use...still undecided about the one I would use for my name, though. Maybe you can help me out?

It's time for you to update your blog - I need something good to read! :-) As you can tell, my life isn't THAT exciting right now.

Michelle Williams said...

kathrine your photo of the hillside in Greese(?)with the red flowers in the foreground reminded me of my friend's photo. Her name is Cindy Briggs, she teaches watercolor workshops and is doing one this Sept. in Italy. Her blog spot for the site has a photo so similar to yours I had to show you it. Her blog site is cindybriggs.com she has an add for a trip this Sept to the Amalfi coast in Italy and that is where the picture is. The buildings are different but the angle and flowers are the same. Check out her site she is a great watercolorist and has fun workshops every year in Europe. She teaches in her home all year too. I have been on 3 trips with her, great classes, safe traveling and beautiful sites and reasonable prices, although not cheap!! She has photos up of the places she has gone, take a vicarious trip and dream of you leading some someday too!