Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Wanna Live Where the Green Grass Grows

What is it about green grass that makes me so happy? I just want to lay down in it, maybe roll around, squish my toes in it, run my fingers through it... Sigh! When everything first started getting all green a few weeks ago, I was walking by the library and bent down and let my fingers run through the grass as I walked by. I love it! (I wondered afterwards if anyone saw me and thought I was crazy...odds are I didn't know them anyway, so oh, well!) I find myself wanting to run around barefoot in every freshly mown lawn I come across so I can feel the grass between my toes! Is it just me, or does anybody else love grass this much? I'm OK if it's just me. But if you love it, too, let's go find some green grass to run in!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

To be honest, it really seems to me that you're in love with grass. I hear wedding bells!

Also, I'm sure if anyone saw you running your fingers through it, they just thought, "oh man, that girl who fell off her bike at a stand still is acting crazy again!"

(PS, I love grass too!)

Wee Sisters Three said...

Your wedding colors could be dark green and light green.

I love grass too. Maybe it's a weird Downie thing.

Maybe they thought, "That's so sweet, she's lost her mind." (I was going to write that maybe they thought your were just lovin' on the grass, but who are kidding? They thoughts you'd lost it. lol)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, let's go. Last summer, since I live here in Brooklyn, NY, I got the urge to feel grass under my feet I went to the big library here and just took off my sandles and walked bare footed on the edge of their grassy lawn. I wasn't breaking any laws - I just probably looked strange to some people I didn't know like you...so who cares.

I'm following you, so I hope you're following me too? We grass lovers need to stick together, right? Smiles.

http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

MMMegan said...

I love it too. And I have to confess to you that I almost started crying when I saw the tulips at Temple Square the other day, actually had a tear drop. Yep. So, I don't think you're crazy. Of course, this is coming from someone whose breath is frequently taken away looking at clouds. I'm pretty nerdy. So maybe you shouldn't go by my judgment.

~ Malissa ~ said...

I like to think of grass as one of God's greatest gifts to mankind. Now that I'm in Utah, the only glimpse of grass I get is on campus (which is usually hidden by lovey-dovey couples swooning over each other as they lay on it and gaze into the sky...sick!)

This entry made me think of grass shots. Yes, I said grass shots!! There's a paradise out here called Jamba Juice where you can by slightly inexpensive healthy smoothies. They sell grass shots, and I've always been curious as to how grass tastes blended in a cup. I'll let you know if I get the courage to try one.

I know we "celebrate" Earth Day, but what about a day just for grass?