Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm In A Movie!!

Look very closely at the above image. In the upper left-hand corner you see the torso of a girl in a black t-shirt and blue jeans. I kid you not, my friends, THAT IS ME!!!! I will show you the jeans for proof!!

As many of you know, last summer I starred...OK, had a supporting role in...OK, I was an uncredited (yet paid!) extra in the movie "Whip It," directed by Drew Barrymore. Well, the time has arrived, my friends...the trailer is out!!!! I have to thank my friend Andy Owen for informing me, for I would otherwise be unhappily oblivious to this fact.

I have studiously reviewed the trailer multiple times, and while I technically have not seen a still shot of myself (and belIEVE me, I reviewed it frame by frame), I know I'm in there. I watched many of those shots being filmed! The above photo is exciting proof of that fact!!
As soon as the scenes of roller derby in the warehouse with the crowds came up, I can't tell you how fast my heart started to beat. I kept saying to Elizabeth, "I was THERE! I SAW that! I was IN THAT WAREHOUSE!! Wow. Crazy!" etc. It's such a weird sensation actually having spent countless hours there last summer and now seeing those scenes and images all put together and in a trailer!

I'll stop gushing. Check it out, though! And please keep October 10th open. I know the movie comes out on the 9th, but I've decided to go watch (preview) the movie with Sarah on the 9th so we can: 1.) Get our giddy gushing out of the way without our friends having to witness it, and 2.) To see if I'm actually visible in any shots so I can point them out to my fans...err...friends. Oh, and 3.) To make sure I haven't made a fool of myself in any shots so I can distract the entire audience during those moments.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Franpom :) said...

I can't believe how famous you already are!! :) I'm SOOOO there with you on the 9th...let the shrieking and pointing begin! :)

Elizabeth Downie said...

I have a feeling I'm going to lose a lot of what's happening during the movie if I sit between the two of you at the viewing. But I don't blame you - I'd have the same reaction!!! I can't wait!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so rad that you got to be there for the shooting!!! I would've been on cloud 9.

Britt said...

How cool!! I recognize that torso!! Now that I know the name of the movie, I'll beg the only cinema in the Marshall Islands to bring it to us! Actually, the pirated version (we don't have any copyright laws in our country) will probably appear in the movie rental stores before it gets to our lame theater), so I'll scan the shelves there in October. Can't wait!