Saturday, August 14, 2010

Garage Salin' It Up

My sister Heather and I are sitting in the garage right now, waiting for prospective buyers at our garage sale. I have to say, I've never had much success selling at garage sales. My sister is making bank ("bank" being more than $20!!), but I've sold nada. Now, granted I have 3 things for sale, but still.

While sitting out here, however, I have made efforts at earning money a different way: I've set up an Etsy shop! For those of you who've never heard of it, Etsy is a website where people can "set up shop" and sell hand-made wares. Each person has an individual shop where people can come, browse their product, and buy directly from them. I don't have much up on mine yet, but you can check it out at: www.etsy.com/shop/kathartist.

In other news, I bought these amazing things at someone else's garage sale:
Can you guess what they are? I'll tell you in the comments so I don't ruin the surprise for you. I love a good garage sale find! Have you had any success at garage sales this summer? Do tell!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

They're taco holders! Genius!

Polly Anna said...

Oh that's what that are. That's very useful. ; )

Blissful Deviations said...

i love etsy! I am thinking about starting a shop for all my crafty creations. Also--taco holder!! that is a great find.

I recently found a 24*30 frame for free from a garage sale. I also found a ton of tulle/wedding stuff once... most of my best treasure comes from thrift stores. But garage sales can be great!

Doug said...

They are extra wide toe spreaders!

Originally designed to spread toes for flawless toenail-painting, these extra wide ones are used by Olympic swimmers to gain that extra little edge! They are also a great augmentation to the ever useful bamboo under the nails torture. It doesn't really make it hurt more (wouldn't that be nice), but it makes your job easier...

Elizabeth Downie said...

Taco holders! Genius! I DID score at a garage sale this summer, actually - I bought a mirror from my sister, Heather! haha!

That's AWESOME about your Etsy store, by the way!!!

violet50 said...

I found something at a garage sale running at the same time as yours so that Heather could spent her "bank" there.

Wee Sisters Three said...

I gots me some chairs! Woohoo. Thanks to all my family for coming to the garage sale and buying my stuff. lol.

Good luck with your etsy shop, i'm going to check it out right......now!