Monday, July 13, 2009

And I Quote...Elizabethisms

Well, folks, it's what you've all been waiting for! My sister Elizabeth is a very quotable person, and has approved of these quotes (this is starting to feel like a campaign commercial). I really hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

"Dictionary! You entice me with your words!"

"Peeps? They should be payin' ME $4 for 3!"

"...You know what, though? Scrabble players around the world would hail me as their Queen!" (talking about removing the letter Q from the alphabet)

"I love to see a woman punch a man in the face when he's asking for it! ...Put THAT in your quote book!"

"I can't help it if you guys can't draw a toilet with your eyes closed. It just happens to be a natural talent that I have." (Playing Cranium)

"Life is too short to finish a boring book."

"One of these days I'd like to learn the secrets of the number 9. Why isn't 9 everyone's favorite number? It's the only one with all those tricks up its sleeve."

"I'm going to type up my resume and under 'skills' I'm going to write, 'sarcasm, snide remarks, and mocking (especially celebrities and/or idiots)'."

"Why won't these church tapes play? It's like our VCR is run by Satan."

"You don't understand, but he heals. He heals me." (Joking about whether or not Dr. Mario is a real doctor)

"Ok, I just need to go. This is the 11th hour. This is when I do my best work!...It's go time. Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!" (talking about writing a paper)

"You know, I wonder if someday in my life I'll fall off a cliff and hang from a branch. I mean, it happens to so many fictional characters!"

"That's what I'm here for: to encourage you to do what you decide to do on your own."

"Hardly anything gives me the heebie-jeebies like claymation."

"I'd never marry a fascist. A dictator, yes, but a fascist, no."

"A roly-poly cannot enter a closed nose." (talking about "A closed mouth catches no flies")

"Boy, 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' really got us associating cellos with Asian people, huh?"

"I wonder if a Lifesaver got stuck in my throat if I'd still be able to breathe through the hole in the middle?"

"He proved that disfigured can be hot!" (talking about Gerard Butler in "The Phantom of the Opera")

"Man, that really brought out the WT in me. I knew it was in there somewhere." (talking about the demolition derby)

"Are we supposed to watch and, like, daydream about their life together?" (watching the happy couple dancing at a wedding reception)

"I've been curious about the worm for a long time. I've just never voiced it. And yes, I do realize that makes me sound crazy."

"Is this what it's like living with Elizabeth Downie? It's a bit much." (After I said something crazy!)

10 comments:

David and Linda said...

I've known Elizabeth for many years and I can attest to the fact that she does indeed think this way, a slightly off kilter stream of consciousness that keeps us amused.

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm Elizabeth Downie and I approve this message.

(And wow, I'm more of an idiot than I thought I was!)

Sarah said...

I am loving every word of this post! :) Katherine, you have captured her essence perfectly! Well done! :)

Kristin McElderry said...

love it. cracks me up.

alecia said...

hilarious! How long have been collecting these? Tell me this wasn't all in a day...

Katherine said...

HA! No, I've been collecting these for years! I actually have dates on all of them, but didn't put them in here. And these are just the highlights...

Wee Sisters Three said...

That is some sort of crazy..it seems to have only trickled down into the first 3 children in the downie family because i am completly normal. For real though i loved it..thanks for sharing..E: you are one sure crack up..my fav was Mandelbaum

The Leo said...

Loved it and laughed out loud. Top faves are Dr. mario quote and Crouching Tiger + cello quote. She's a crazy girl but that's why I love her.

Polly Anna said...

Very funny! I give it 5 stars.

Ben said...

Big props to Katherine for writing these all down!
My sister, Anna, says crazy stuff all the time and I never have anything to write it down with.