Saturday, October 3, 2009

Favorite Songs

I'm sitting at my parents' house going through some of my
playlists on YouTube and wondering why I don't listen
to some of these songs every day! I've gathered these
songs over a few years and though some are very old,
I still love 'em!

The first one doesn't have embedding enabled, so you'll
have to go there to watch it. It's Rufus Wainwright
singing the Beatles' "Across the Universe." I love to hear
the Beatles perform it, too, but am particularly fond of the

This song by Munchener Freiheit, a German pop band,
came out in the 80s and was one of my favorites when I
was younger. The harmonies are really beautiful, though
the video is a little odd (though artistically interesting).

The last one I'll share for today is a classic from my
childhood: "The Rainbow Connection." This version
is performed by Jason Mraz, one of my favorite singers,
and is, I think, particularly well-done!
What are your favorite songs (past or present)?
Share! (Please!)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Boy that's a hard one. Can I come up with a top ten list? Even then I know I won't be happy with it because it's so hard to choose. Here are my top ten, in no particular order.

1. Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
2. Reflecting Light - Sam Phillips
3. America - Simon and Garfunkel
4. Something's Alway's Wrong - Toad the Wet Sprocket
5. Kings of Leon - 17
6. Queen - Now I'm Here
7. Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
8. Black Bird and a million other Beatles songs
9. Bye Bye Bye or another Jellyfish Song
10. There's too much pressure to decide on the last song for this list so I'll leave it at nine. :)

Amy said...

Sometimes I think it's good that I don't listen to my favorite songs every day. For every favorite song I can list, I can name another song that I played over and over and over again until it doesn't mean anything to me any more. It sometimes makes me sad to hear those songs because I know I once loved them so much.

I love stumbling across a song I've forgotten about, and I love rediscovering songs I knew but never quite got around to falling in love with the first time.

Christi said...

Here are my top 11. Should I be embarrassed by this list?

Poison - Fallen Angel
Aerosmith - What it takes
Gin Blossoms - Until I fall away
Oasis - Don't go Away
Jimmy Eat World - Kill
All American Rejects - The Last Song
Collective Soul - World I know
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Papa Roach - Forever
Toad the Wet Sprocket - Good Intentions
Heart - Alone

Katherine said...

Don't be embarassed, Christi! Those are great! Yours, too, Elizabeth! I love that you both have songs by Toad the Wet Sprocket in your top 9-11.